Monday, November 3, 2008

An Impromptu Picnic and Walk

Jadyn and I decided to take advantage of our gorgeous weather and go for an impromptu picnic today. I'm sure I could speak for all those who live nearby and say that we are very blessed by this beautiful day.
Soon enough our weather will become chilly and we'll have to spend our days inside. We must get outdoors while we can.
We packed a quick lunch and headed to a small park by the lake. It's just a few blocks from our home.
It was so wonderful out there, very sunny and warm. The smell of autumn was in the air.
Here are a few photos from our picnic and walk.
She was so excited to play, that she didn't even want chips. Now if you know Jadyn, that's really different!
Collecting branches. Notice that the dock is out of the water. We had planned to walk out on the dock to be over the water. Well, it had already been removed. Who does that? Only in Minnesota. Where we come from, the docks do not need to be removed from the water for winter. :) We did get on it and learned that it rocks back and forth in a seesaw motion. That was fun.
Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Follow me!

Do NOT come any closer with that camera!

Running away from Mom and loving every minute of it.
Leaves on the water. What you can't see in this photo is her muddy backside. She slipped near the water and got a little messy. We had to remove the jeans before she could get into the car. :) She MUST throw sticks into the water, always. Sometimes it's hard to wait fom Mom to give you a hand. Oops!

9 comments:

Gail said...

It was a beautiful day today wasn't it? Love the pics Laura, especially the one of her on the bridge. :)

OH MY #6 said...

I would have loved to be on that walk with you my friend.

Lea
xo

Kristin said...

What a very fun afternoon! Bummer about the muddy backside though. Bet she had fun getting dirty though!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!

OH MY #6 said...

Hi Laura,

Yes, I have Pier 1 5-minutes from my house. I went and bought 3 of the little China Dolls ornaments and I bought 1 of the heart shaped ornaments to use on my BLOG for a giveaway after blogging a year later this month!

They are so cute! I love them. I knew we where much a like.

Lea
xo

Anonymous said...

How fun! Yes, that is surprising as Jadyn recently told me her favorite food is "chips."

Hmmm... Your photos remind me of this photo of the rest of your kids (plus one) on that same bridge. :)

day by day said...

Such a wonderful idea...a picnic lunch while the weather is still good!!! I love the bridge pictures...beautiful!!

Jean said...

We did the same thing! Wow, what a great day it was!!
You have some beautiful pics!!

I love the new look of the blog!!
Blessings,
Jean

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

Hi Laura: Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, you are correct, we did stop briefly in Amarillo. During our wait for our daughter we went on a Rt 66 adventure. We had a great time!

I see you have a Jiangxi girl too. Beautiful pictures from your walk.