Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Night at the Salon


Lauryn came over for dinner last Saturday night. After dinner, Alan went downstairs to watch the TexasTech game. Tech is his alma mater after all.

Since it was just girls, I said we should take Jadyn to the salon. She needed a haircut. We didn't actually go, but Lauryn suggested that we could have a nail salon for Jadyn.

We borrowed from Kaitlyn's nail polish supply. (Thanks, Kate!) Lauryn painted Jadyn's fingernails and toenails. Jadyn chose pink for the toes and purple for the fingers.

Jadyn asked if she could paint our nails. Lauryn was smart and chose a very light color with just a bit of orange tint. I chose bright pink and we also did one nail with silver glitter. Wow, our nails turned out attractive/interesting. :)

I'd catch Lauryn's eyes every once in a while afterward and she'd be smiling or about to giggle. I'd say, "You're laughing at my nails, aren't you?" She said, "Mom, it's a little hard to take you seriously when your nails look like that."

I told Jadyn that while I loved how she painted my nails, I probably wouldn't wear it to church the next morning. Luckily she didn't feel sad about that. Even though my nails were so interesting, I just couldn't see myself going to church that way. It was a bit messy. I took it off the next morning, with much difficulty. My cuticles were still pink tinged.

Our time at the salon was fun, and we'll have to do it again sometime. It was pretty painless, and it gave Jadyn a lot of joy.

4 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

I wish i lived close so I could have come over to join you! How fun!

Hope your having a nice weekend.

Lea
xo

Kristin said...

My girls love going to "Katie's salon" and having their hair and make-up done. The joy of older sisters.

But you are nicer than me and joined in the fun. I just take pictures. :-)

Karen said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love sharing moments like that with my girls too! It's great you got pictures of it!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Looks like a fun time!