Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Memories

Monday Memories

How Much Is A Little?

Today's story happened during the very earliest part of our marriage. We were living in our first apartment and so I'd say we'd only been married a few months at most.

My older sister told me once that if you ever run out of dishwasher detergent, you could substitute a little dishwashing liquid such as Joy or Dawn. She said it was okay to do this, and you only needed to use a little. Well how much is a little?

I did run out of detergent one time and decided to give the liquid soap a try. I used what I thought was probably a little bit. As I remember, I filled the dishwasher cup about 1/4 full. I then started the load and left the room.

A few minutes later I returned to the kitchen and had quite the surprise! There was tons and tons of bubbles coming out of the dishwasher and onto the floor. I do mean TONS! The bubbles were quickly filling up the whole kitchen and it was about 6 inches deep I'd say.

I started to get a bit nervous about this. Can you imagine? Alan was home at the time and so I called him to the kitchen. Who knows what I said? "Uh honey, I think we have a little problem! What are we going to do?"

Seriously, it looked like something you'd see on a TV sitcom. Ever seen a show when someone used too much soap in the wash? You get the picture.

Alan kindly asked me to leave the kitchen. I guess I was being no help at all. LOL Somehow, he cleaned all of it up. It took quite a while. I'm sure he was slightly frustrated that I'd tried something like this. I think we had to run the dishwasher a couple more times to get rid of all that soap.

It's a pretty funny memory. Needless to say, I never tried that again. :)

This isn't me, but looks like it has happened to others too.
I atually found quite a few things on the Internet about other people who have done this!

4 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

that is a cute story! I LOVE IT! LOL!

Lea
xo

PS. OK, is this a new look? If it is I love it. I am sure it is different than this morning.

XO

Kristin said...

Love the new look!

Okay, I had to laugh because my husband did the same thing before we were married. He'd never had a dishwasher before so didn't know there was different soap to be used. When he called and told me what happened, I laughed for a long time.

For some reason, he didn't think it was quite as funny. :-)

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I did put bubble bath in a whirlpool tub once and had a similar mess! Love your new look!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely hilarious!

Love ya,

Mel