Thursday, November 27, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
A blogging friend tagged me this week, and so here are 8 Things About Me.
(Most of my items are in no particular order.)
8 Favorite TV Shows:
- House Hunters International
- House Hunters
- Buy Me
- Forensic Files
- Dr. G: Medical Examiner
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
- Took Jadyn to preschool and felt sad when she cried. : (
- Shopped for Christmas
- Shopped for birthdays
- Went to Starbucks
- Ate leftover chili (yum!)
- Checked blogs, Facebook, e-mail, etc.
- Made an easy dinner for my husband and children
- Went to dinner with friends
8 Things I Look Forward To:
- Getting all of the Christmas shopping done
- Seeing our Christmas tree up and decorated
- Seeing extended family at Christmas
- My next cup of coffee
- Spring and Summer 2009..... which would mean that winter's over.
- Kaitlyn's wedding
- No potty type accidents ever
- The first big snowfall (believe it or not)
8 Favorite Restaurants:
- C-1 Buffet
- T.G.I. Friday's
- LeeAnn Chin
- Don Pablo's
- El Rodeo
- Solos Pizza Cafe
8 Things on My Wish List:
- No paper clutter anywhere
- Finishing the kitchen makeover
- Living room magically gets a makeover and I don't have to figure it out myself.
- Decide on a hairstyle for myself
- Learn how to do tilework
- Learn how to knit or crochet
- Get motivated to lose weight again
- Grandchildren.......no pressure here guys. Really!
Rules, Rules - here are the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Answer all 8 of the six items listed.
3. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
How Much Is A Little?
Today's story happened during the very earliest part of our marriage. We were living in our first apartment and so I'd say we'd only been married a few months at most.
My older sister told me once that if you ever run out of dishwasher detergent, you could substitute a little dishwashing liquid such as Joy or Dawn. She said it was okay to do this, and you only needed to use a little. Well how much is a little?
A few minutes later I returned to the kitchen and had quite the surprise! There was tons and tons of bubbles coming out of the dishwasher and onto the floor. I do mean TONS! The bubbles were quickly filling up the whole kitchen and it was about 6 inches deep I'd say.
I started to get a bit nervous about this. Can you imagine? Alan was home at the time and so I called him to the kitchen. Who knows what I said? "Uh honey, I think we have a little problem! What are we going to do?"
Seriously, it looked like something you'd see on a TV sitcom. Ever seen a show when someone used too much soap in the wash? You get the picture.
Alan kindly asked me to leave the kitchen. I guess I was being no help at all. LOL Somehow, he cleaned all of it up. It took quite a while. I'm sure he was slightly frustrated that I'd tried something like this. I think we had to run the dishwasher a couple more times to get rid of all that soap.
It's a pretty funny memory. Needless to say, I never tried that again. :)
This isn't me, but looks like it has happened to others too.
I atually found quite a few things on the Internet about other people who have done this!
I'm happy when I can make someone smile. What would our days be like without a little joy?
The Smile Award qualifications are:
1. Display a cheerful attitude.
2. Love one another.
3. Makes mistakes.
5. Be a positive contributer to the blog world.
6. Love life.
7. Love kids!!!!!
1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the award on to 5 most deserving blog friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she received the award.
*I'm breaking the rules this time. (gasp!) I'm just going to post these awards and not spread the love. Know that I DO love all of your blogs! :)
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Jadyn, not wearing the graduation hat. :)
Another yummy cupcake wrapper? :)
I was finally able to get her to try the hat on at home, when I promised her there would only be ONE photo. Thank goodness it turned out pretty well.
Jadyn took a gymnastics class 1 night per week for about 2 months. She finished the class this week. Parents were only allowed at the first and last classes, so we looked forward to seeing what she'd learned at the last class time. Here are some photos....
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Suddenly Jadyn said, "Mom, the cupcake paper was yummy too!" I said, "What?!" I looked and there's only a small remnant of a chewed cupcake liner left. I just burst out laughing so hard.
It must be a sign that I've been a mom for a long time. I just found it totally funny and didn't panic. She won't die from it. Extra fiber right? It was a mini cupcake if that makes some of you feel better. :)
Monday, November 3, 2008
Do NOT come any closer with that camera!