Saturday, March 21, 2009

Something to Make You Say, "Yuck!"


Jadyn was playing with her kitchen earlier and made a discovery. She said, "Someone left this." She came over with an old, nasty sippie cup that I'd never seen before.

We did have a number of kids over to play yesterday. We had our playgroup here. No one brought a sippie cup, and no one would drink from one that looks this awful and nasty.
You don't even want to know how nasty it looks on the inside. Yes, I had to look inside.

I asked her where she found it. She reached up inside the back of her play kitchen. There was a spot way up inside, beyond where the shelves are. That's where she found it.

I bought her kitchen at a Once Upon a Child store about 2 years ago. The previous owner must have put the cup in there for safekeeping. Ha ha. Heaven knows how long that old cup had been in there. Talk about gross! It will soon see the inside of our garbage can.

Anyone missing a sippie cup?


Yesterday morning, Jadyn was sitting beside me when I was having coffee. I was flipping throught the channels and stopped briefly on TLC. A commercial came on for a cupcake maker for little girls. Maybe you've seen it before. Jadyn immediately said, "And it's all yours!" No, my girl hasn't been watching too much TV or anything.

13 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Umm... YUCK!!!

M. said...

Oh, Ick! Did you gag? I would have gagged.

Nancy said...

Ewwwwwwwww. And it's all yours!

OH MY #6 said...

TOO funny. Both the cup and the cupcake maker. But, actually I would LOVE a cupcake maker. How fun would that be?!!

Love the new look girlfriend. U R too talented for my liking!

Hope your weekend is good!

Lea
xo

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

EEewwwww LOL that is gross LOL Love the cupcake maker..that is so darn cute!!!!!!

Anita said...

Oh goodness....YUCK is right! :) And I know what you mean about commercials...amazing how they stick in our heads...even little heads! LOL!

Terry said...

Gag! that is gross. And you are one brave mom...I think I would have put it directly in the trash and then disinfected Evans hands:-)

But the cupcake maker sounds fun! really want a girl to play with...Evan does have a kitchen set though, my hubby had a heart attack when Santa brought it 2 christmas' ago. he also got dishes...hehehe...and he loves them! But he's still all boy!

Jboo said...

Ewwww -- that sippie cup sounds gross!! But a cupcake maker -- I want one of those!

Have a great week!

Janet

Laura said...

I hate to admit it but I've come across a cup like that and it wasn't anyone elses... LOL
The cupcake maker sounds like a fun idea!
Laura

Kristin said...

Oh gross. Not a fun discovery. I found one myself....in my car....left there for who knows how long. Nasty!!

Kristy said...

Isn't that just the grossest thing, I think we have all found a "bad" sippie cup or two in our life!!!

Love, Kristy

Jean said...

That sippy cup is not ours!! Honest, it's not ours! I got a little worried when I first was reading your post but thankful when I saw the pic and I didn't recognize it! Whew!
Blessings,
Jean

Laura said...

Hi Laura
Apparently there is a game of tag going on and now you're it. LOL
Check my blog for details but if you don't want to do it, don't worry about it. I will absolutly not be offended.
Take care!
Laura