Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful this morning for the simple beauty of seeing the sunrise over the pond, out my kitchen window. Coffee in hand, I was quietly thanking God for such a simple thing. I thought how perfect it would be if there were birds on the water too. A few seconds later, in they flew. Thankful for the quiet beauty.


Thankful for a sweet husband and little one. Last weekend they went out to run some errands and also give me a little quiet time. While they were out, they stopped to pick some wild flowers for me. :)
Alan has been in Seattle this week, on business. I'm thankful he'll be back this evening. We've missed him.


I'm thankful for the silly, yet creative things that Jadyn does. She never ceases to make me smile. Here you see a photo of Mousie, taking a bath. "Mousie needs a bath, Mom." After Mousie's bath, it was time for lunch. I made Jadyn a PB & J sandwich. She asked if I'd make Mousie a little, tiny PB & J sandwich too. I had to draw the line there. :)
Sometimes it just makes more sense to wear your socks on your hands. :) --photo by Dad.

Kitty needed a new hat. :)
Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

9 comments:

Anita said...

GREAT idea Laura!! I like Thankful Thursday...you've probably done it before and I just never picked up on it like I did today! And the mousie bath is TOO Cute!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

What a gorgeous view! Love the cat hat!

I think I'll have to do a Thankful Thursday too!

OH MY #6 said...

beautiful post!

Lea
xo

missy said...

Awww, Jadyn is so cute and I can tell she is quite imaginative...I just love that.

You have a lot to be thankful for. It is nice to sit back and reflect.

Have a great day!

Kristin said...

Love the picture of the hat on the kitty! Too cute!!

How wonderful that daddy is home now. It's hard to have daddy gone. My husband leaves tomorrow for two weeks. My girls have a hrd time in the evenings and weekends when he's not home.

Hope this doesn't post twice. I tried once before but it didn't seem to post. If it does, delete one!!

adlund said...

This was a wonderful post Laura. Great idea for the thankful Thursday! I love you and am very glad to home with you and the kids.

Anonymous said...

Love your post! I have an Award for you! Stop by! God Bless, Melissa

Denise C said...

OH Laura...she is adorable!!! I love her "creativeness"!!! She is a very intelligent little girl!!!
And oh the beautiful view of your pond!!!
SO many blessings!!
Hugs!!
Denise

Anonymous said...

Pictures like these remind me of what is truly important in life. Thank you for sharing!

By the way, I love the socks on hands :) Your Jaydn is very smart!