Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tagging Fun!

I've been tagged by Kristin, at A Family Is Forever. I am supposed to share 7 random and/or weird facts about myself. You know there are probably way more than 7 weird facts about me. I'll try to narrow it down and add in some randomness too.

1. I was married when I was 18 years old and just 5 months out of high school. Isn't that crazy? It didn't seem crazy Back In The Day, but I would be freaked out if one of my children wanted to do the same. It definitely seems too young now! I remember well meaning adults telling us to wait and I'm sure there were those who thought it wouldn't last. We are still together, after almost 26 years. :)

2. I loved Barbies as a child and played them until I was a preteen. I really loved them. I loved to read, and read all of the Nancy Drew books that existed at the time. I think there were about 52 then. Sometimes Barbies and books were used together. I used books to make houses for the Barbies. We didn't have a Barbie house, but I had a Barbie Country Camper. Knowing me, I probably added books onto that for extra rooms.

3. I hate going to the dentist. Hate it! I do go every 6 months for cleanings, like a good girl. I had more than my share of dental and orthodontic work as a kid, and maybe I feel that I've already done my share? Seriously, I'd almost rather go to the gyn. than the dentist. TMI?

4. Way Back In The Day, I was a nurse. After marriage, I went to nursing school. I had a job doing home health care. I liked it, but shortly before our first daughter was born I left my job and became a SAHM. Being a stay at home mom is the best job I've ever had.

5. I don't like to shop. That used to really bother me, and sometimes it still does. I used to wonder if I was the only woman out there who doesn't love shopping. I know now that's not true.
I'd rather shop for groceries and household items than clothing, shoes or jewelry.

6. I love to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The Grinch's humor reminds me a lot of myself. Should I be nervous about that? 7. I don't really like to take baths. I'm just not the soak and relax in the tub type. I'm a shower person. I don't like to linger in the shower either. Just get in, do the necessary shampooing and etc, and get out. Now when I was a teenager, I liked taking super-long showers until the hot water heater ran out. I got into so much trouble for this, over and over. Now it's pay-back time. My son takes 30-45 minute showers.

Here's who I'm tagging...

Lea, at Oh My #6
Jean, at There's No Place Like Home! Jean is a new blogger. Please stop by and visit her.
Tracy, at Following The Red Thread
Michelle, at Day By Day
Anita, at He Leads Us
Melissa, at Be Careful What You Wish For
Deb, at Sophie's World

9 comments:

Anita said...

Thanks Laura!! I've joined the fun too....and I have to say I'm not much of a shopper or one for baths. We have this nice bathtub at our new house and haven't been in it yet! HA! :0

Kristin said...

Wow, 18 is young, isn't it? My oldest is almost 18. I can't imagine her getting married already!!!

I read all the Nancy Drew books too---and the Hardy Boys. :-)

Terry said...

First of all, thank you for not tagging me. Although, Anita, who you did tag, tagged me...oh boy... I'm always trying to get out of these things but I was recently tagged with the same tag by someone else...so I did it finally!

I hate shopping, and don't like baths. Glad I'm not alone, I was beginning to feel like less of a woman :-) Terry

OH MY #6 said...

I love your new look! Beautiful! And, I am on it and will do the tag!

thanx for the fun!

Lea
xo

OH MY #6 said...

I did my tag!

Lea
xo

Rides the whirlwinds and directs the Storms said...

I ran across you blog threw be carful what you wish for and I love your saying However motherhood comes to you, it's a miracle I have 2 children and I am step-mother to 4 girls who's mother is no longer around
and it just made me feel good!

Gail said...

Well we have quite a bit in common. I loved Barbies forever growing up, was a nurse just like you were, and also LOVE to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Also read all or most of the Nancy Drew books, in fact they are in a box somewhere in my basement. :)

Gail said...

Wanted to add that I love your new blog look!

Denise C said...

Oh Laura, I loved reading a bit more about you my friend!!! Your new blog look is gorgeous!!!
Hugs!!!
Denise