I've been tagged by Kristin, at A Family Is Forever. I am supposed to share 7 random and/or weird facts about myself. You know there are probably way more than 7 weird facts about me. I'll try to narrow it down and add in some randomness too.
1. I was married when I was 18 years old and just 5 months out of high school. Isn't that crazy? It didn't seem crazy Back In The Day, but I would be freaked out if one of my children wanted to do the same. It definitely seems too young now! I remember well meaning adults telling us to wait and I'm sure there were those who thought it wouldn't last. We are still together, after almost 26 years. :)
2. I loved Barbies as a child and played them until I was a preteen. I really loved them. I loved to read, and read all of the Nancy Drew books that existed at the time. I think there were about 52 then. Sometimes Barbies and books were used together. I used books to make houses for the Barbies. We didn't have a Barbie house, but I had a Barbie Country Camper. Knowing me, I probably added books onto that for extra rooms.
3. I hate going to the dentist. Hate it! I do go every 6 months for cleanings, like a good girl. I had more than my share of dental and orthodontic work as a kid, and maybe I feel that I've already done my share? Seriously, I'd almost rather go to the gyn. than the dentist. TMI?
4. Way Back In The Day, I was a nurse. After marriage, I went to nursing school. I had a job doing home health care. I liked it, but shortly before our first daughter was born I left my job and became a SAHM. Being a stay at home mom is the best job I've ever had.
5. I don't like to shop. That used to really bother me, and sometimes it still does. I used to wonder if I was the only woman out there who doesn't love shopping. I know now that's not true.
I'd rather shop for groceries and household items than clothing, shoes or jewelry.
6. I love to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The Grinch's humor reminds me a lot of myself. Should I be nervous about that? 7. I don't really like to take baths. I'm just not the soak and relax in the tub type. I'm a shower person. I don't like to linger in the shower either. Just get in, do the necessary shampooing and etc, and get out. Now when I was a teenager, I liked taking super-long showers until the hot water heater ran out. I got into so much trouble for this, over and over. Now it's pay-back time. My son takes 30-45 minute showers.
Here's who I'm tagging...
Lea, at Oh My #6
Jean, at There's No Place Like Home! Jean is a new blogger. Please stop by and visit her.
Tracy, at Following The Red Thread
Michelle, at Day By Day
Anita, at He Leads Us
Melissa, at Be Careful What You Wish For
Deb, at Sophie's World