Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Winter Days With Jadyn


Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again.
~Bill Morgan, Jr.

Jadyn loves playing in the snow so much. She asks to play outside each day, and it doesn't matter to her how cold it is. Here are some pictures I took about a week ago.

She found a piece of snow out back that was kind of heart shaped. We both thought it was pretty neat.
I ♥ Playing In Snow!

Here's Jadyn, looking all princessy. You can see that she has a horse and small bouquet to complete her look. :)
We bought this stick horse a few months ago at a children's consignment store. I think we paid about 3 bucks for it. Boy have we gotten our money's worth. This horse has seen many miles around our house. She plays with it daily. She sometimes calls it her "horse stick".
On Sunday, she even talked one of her older sisters into riding it with her. :) Wish I'd had a camera nearby for that one!

About that little bouquet - I made that for her to carry at her sister Lauryn's wedding in 2006. She loved it so much before the wedding, but refused to have anything to do with it that day. She was only 17 months old and I guess if she didn't want to carry it, she didn't have to. You don't argue with a baby. :)

Here is a picture from today. Jadyn decided to wear a Polly Pocket hat on her face. Where does she get these ideas? She attached it to her face by suction. It was all fun until it was on so long that it left a "hickey" mark. Oops!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Love the heart snow....My kids also love to play outside. Very creative mind with the polly pocket hat...hopefully when she gets up today it will be gone (sorry it is 2:30 in the morning for me,so it today)

Laura said...

That is great that she loves to play in the snow! My kids hate it. Sometimes I can convince them to go sledding but really, they are not winter kids.

Love the heart shaped piece of snow! How perfect for her.

She is so pretty in her princess get up! My daughter used to have that same costume. And yes, I believe we have a "horse stick" around here somewhere as well. :)

She is just too cute!

((Hugs))
Laura