Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gratituesday

Today, I am participating in Gratituesday. It's hosted at Heavenly Homemakers.
Each day, there are so many things to be grateful for, whether they are big or small.
Here are just some of the things I'm grateful for today...

Sunshine! The sun is out today. It may be a bit colder out, but hooray for sunshine!

♦I'm glad my husband is coming home tonight. He's been in Texas for a week, helping his siblings to deal with their father's estate. They have worked so hard all week. I know he will be so glad to get home. We're very glad he's coming home.

Playdates! I'm so grateful for little friends who can come and help entertain my daughter on a
cold winter morning. :)
Jadyn and her friend "J."

♦I'm grateful that God makes each of our children unique.
Bryan has always enjoyed drawing, even from the time he was very small. He hasn't spent much time doing it over the last 2 or 3 years, because his interests have taken him elsewhere. He's been taking a couple of art classes this trimester in school, since he had some extra space in his school schedule. He said he'd almost forgotten how to draw, since he hadn't spent much time doing it in years.
Here is something he drew yesterday, by copying a photo he printed from the computer. It was an assignment for school.
While I do think the guy in the photo is a little odd, I was so amazed at how the drawing came out. I know that I couldn't do this at all.
Seeing this just reminded me how cool it is to see God's handiwork in our kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next post: what makes Lauryn and Kaitlyn unique :D


-kaitlyn

Kristin said...

What a sweet post! Glad your husband is coming home. It's hard being alone...

Jboo said...

Great post! Wow -- your son sure didn't forget how to draw -- that is very cool! We've enjoyed having the sun out too even though its been colder. Spring -- less than 2 months away now -- not that I'm keeping track! :)

Janet