Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to Blogging Day

It's back to school day for many of the kids out there. Bryan went back to school today, for the last time (at the high school level anyway). Our boy is a senior!
I thought this could be my Back to Blogging day. A couple of people have said to me, "So... I've noticed you haven't blogged much lately..." I just tell them I'm not sure what's up with that. I'm really not. ☺
Here is Bryan's back to school photo. I just had to have one of his last 1st day of school.

Also, here is his 1st day of Kindergarten photo. I think he's grown a little.
I see I cropped the Kindergarten photo with way cool scissors. It
must have seemed like a good idea at the time.
We drove him to Kindergarten on his first day. Today, he drives himself in his little red car. Our boy is all grown up. ☺
I probably cried on his first day of Kindergarten. No crying today. I'll save that for his graduation in June.
Some parents are cheering today, because they have a quiet house again. Some parents cried, I'm sure. Me, I'm just happy to be blogging again.

11 comments:

Gail said...

Gosh the time goes fast doesn't it? Love the pics of both first days, he's a handsome guy!

Happy to see you back!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

When school started a few weeks ago I was thinking how in a year my middle child would be starting middle school and I'd probably be worried or weepy. I cried when he started Kindergarten. But it didn't occur to me that in a year would be my oldests last first day of HS. I'm sure I'll be sentimental as all his lasts occur...last band things, senior nights, etc!

Jboo said...

What a cute kindergartner he was and now such a good looking senior! Yay -- glad you'll be back to blogging -- you've been missed! :)

Janet

Goosegirl said...

Congratulations on your Bryan being a senior. Did he plan on wearing shoes to school, or just his socks? Heehee!
Yes, India is a senior and Ahnalin is a kindergartener. Oh my!

Have a beautiful year and I am glad you are "back to blogging."

Nancy said...

I love the photo comparison. The pictures are sweet!
Nancy

hollym. said...

Hi Laura!
I'm glad your back to bloggy land!!
Wow! Time sure flies when our children are in school. Great pics!

Beach Mama said...

My oldest son is a senior this year too! Like you, I cried the first day of Kindergarten, but not this year. I can't believe my first-born is a senior because I cannot possibly be old enough to have child that old:)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Of COURSE using those scissors seemed like a good idea at the time. When was that? 1996? 1997? That was when all the craft stores started marketing those nifty, crafty, extra-special scissors. You were just on the cutting edge of trends. (Get it? Cutting edge? Okay, I'll be quiet now.)

Kristy said...

Laura thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, it means so much to me. All of my blogfriends lift me up so much and for that I will be forever grateful!! Thank you so much.

Love and blessings, Kristy

Lauryn said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! (from someone else who hasn't written much lately :D)

I regret cutting up my photos with those scissors, too. We thought they were so pretty at the time, though!

Jean said...

Yes- we have missed you- so glad you are back!!

I have a special place in my heart for those big boys! They are such wonderful big brothers and our new life choices have affected them the most. God bless your sweet son- I hope he has a wonderful senior school year!!