That's it! That's the answer to my current issues. I need to hire an elf! Why didn't I think of that?
I have so many things I have to do/finish up in the next few days. I know I'm not alone here. You all have lots of things you've got to get done too.
My list is long, but I am getting it done, crossing a few things off each day. I've actually made a list, and checked it twice and then again, and again. I keep hoping a few things might just disappear. No such luck.
Good thing I don't really have time to dwell on it all. Wait, isn't that what I'm doing now? :) If I spent too much time doing that I just might go into a panic. I just have to focus and keep pushing through. Get things done.
A blogger friend of mine recently spoke about her annual Christmas conniption. I thought that was pretty funny. I've had those before. If you're not familiar with what a Christmas conniption is, maybe you've heard the term, "freak out." I'd say the Christmas conniption is kind of a mini freak out. I am happy to say that I've not had a conniption this year....yet. I'm trying to keep it suppressed. Don't let the beast out! It's not pretty.
So do any of you know where I can hire an elf?
1. He'll need to know how to run errands, and not mind the bitter MN weather.
2. He'll need to know how to outfit a 4 year old in coat, hat, and mittens and do it over and over all day.
3. He'll need to know how to get her in and out of her car seat. - all 3 buckles, then remind her not to put wet snowy shoes on the back of Mom's seat or on her tights.
4. He'll need to remind the 4 year old over and over that, "We don't walk in the snow, honey. We don't have our boots on."
5. He'll need to know how to check the list again and again.
6. He'll need to know how to shop for gifts, lots and lots of gifts!
7. He'll need to take know how to drop off prescriptions and then actually "remember to pick them up."
8. He'll need to shop for my new glasses. I wonder if he'll know what looks good on me?
9. I wonder if he can put the highlights in my hair that I need? That would be a bonus!
10. Heck, if he could do babysitting, that would be the greatest thing.
11. I wonder if he knows how to run a snowblower and use a snow shovel. My husband and son would be especially thrilled.
12. Gift wrapping! Surely all elves know how to wrap gifts.
13. Laundry, have I mentioned laundry?
Well, we all know the list would probably go on and on.
I really think the best elf for the job would probably be Buddy the Elf.
Buddy would be a blast, I just know it. He'd be tons of fun and he could even finish the Christmas decorating that I never got done. He could entertain my 4 year old and keep her happy all day with lots of candy. I bet he could make dinner. It might be spaghetti covered in syrup. Heck, who'd really mind it at this point? Even better still....he knows Santa!!
Well, I'm off to look for that elf!