Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful that we've had our Jadyn for 3 years. Three years ago this week, we received our referral and saw her photos for the first time.
We won't ever forget how exciting that was. I remember the tears just streaming down my face as I looked at her photos. It's a wonder I heard anything our social worker had to say that day.

I can hear her now, over the baby monitor. She's supposed to be napping and she's in there jabbering instead. :) We are blessed that she's ours.



I'm thankful for Christmas and all of the busyness. Even though it can be a busy, hectic time, I'm glad I have family and friends to shop for, parties to attend, cards to send out,etc. It all means that I am blessed to have these friends and loved ones in my life.

Just this past Monday, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, wondering how on earth I would get everything done before Christmas. Today I'm feeling more upbeat. I'm so thankful I have all this stuff to do. It is Thankful Thursday after all. When Friday and Saturday come, we'll see how I feel. I may be more like the Grinch instead of a jolly old elf. :)

6 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

U are just lovely. Great post.

Lea
xo

Gail said...

Jadyn...you are quite the little beauty now! Enjoy the season Laura, it can be hectic but so much fun with our little ones. :)

Kristin said...

Very sweet post!

If you can find a way to not be overwhelmed, let me know! I haven't done anything for Christmas yet. Not a thing---except for the tree. Yikes!

Anita said...

WOW....I remember her referral pic Laura!! Sweet post, for sure, and glad that you've had that breath of thanksgiving to enjoy this blessed season!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

OMG...look at that hair! Face looks just like her. WOW...3 years!

Eileen said...

What a sweet post. And darling referral picture!