Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Texas Boys and Bluebonnets

Today, I want to share some beautiful photos that my sister took on a recent trip.  On Easter weekend, she traveled with her family to central Texas for some relaxation, and to see the beautiful bluebonnets.  The bluebonnets are spectacular at this time of year in that part of Texas.  Bluebonnets are the state flower of Texas, by the way.

If you know me, you know I'm a Texas girl at heart.  I did live there for 36 years after all.  All things Texan are close to my heart, including the state flower.  I'm happy for my sister, Teresa and her family, who took this opportunity to spend time among these beautiful flowers and make some beautiful memories.

Enjoy these sweet photos, of Thomas and Aaron.  They are 7 years old.  Yes, they are identical twins.  :)



For those of you who LOVE adoption, you'll be happy to learn that Aaron and Thomas were adopted by my sister and her husband.  How wonderful that their family has been blessed by these two little guys.

Here they are with their dad, Randy.  

This is their mommy.  She has grown kids and little kids, just like me.  She's even a grandmother of 3!  I hope I look this nice when I have 3 grandchildren.    :)

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Laura I have tons of wildflower pics, they are absolutely beautiful this year. Those boys are so darn handsome and very smart to boot, just look at their caps!!1 lol Hook em Horns!

Love, Kristy
ps Laura I am thinking we might be next!!!!

Jboo said...

Wow -- beautiful photos! And those twins and their parents -- adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Janet

Kim said...

Precious photos and two very handsome boys! Love the blue bonnets. I also hope to look like their momma when I'm a grandma. I can't believe she's a grandma!

Gail said...

Beautiful post and pictures!!! What a gorgeous family your sister has...also hope I look like that when I'm a Grandma. Do you know I have never been to Texas? I've been to most in the U.S. but not that one.

Reading Rosie said...

Beautiful in so many ways! Seriously brought a tear to my eye.

Laura said...

I hope I look like that too when I'm a grandma! :P She's beautiful, just like her sister. :)

What beautiful pictures! Love the bluebonnets.

((Hugs))
Laura

Jean said...

I missed this post- the boys are adorable! I didn't know your sister had adopted- too cool! Big kids and little kids and grandchildren- I love it! I'll have to hear more when I see you- hopefully soon!

Love the flowers!!