Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday's Rambling Thoughts

Raise your hand if you're loving the spring-like weather we've been having. Isn't it wonderful? Beautiful days, full of sunshine are D-lightful! Here in Minnesota, we are over-the-moon excited about what seems to be an early spring.

The past few days have been busy for us. Time with friends and family always tops my list. On Friday we had Playgroup friends over. That night, Jadyn and I attended an event at our church for ladies and girls of all ages. We were to wear a recycled prom dress, bridesmaids dress, etc. I wore a recycled prom dress, and Jadyn wore last year's Easter dress. It was a fun event and I'm glad we went. I'll include a picture at the end of the post.

On Saturday, Lauryn and I went to an all-day scrapbooking event. It was a fundraiser for my friend Sue and her family. They are bringing home a 5th daughter from China. We had a good time scrapbooking, learning new techniques and visiting with friends. Go here to see Sue's blog, her lovely family and ongoing fundraisers.

Let the scrapbooking continue! I recently completed 2 scrapbooks, which I worked on over the last several months. They're 12X12 albums and they are quite full. I began a new album on Saturday. Soon I'll be moving on into the 2007 photos. Yep, 2007. :) Do you do scrapbooking?

So...I recently shared that I'll be having surgery next month. I felt sort of weird at the time, because I didn't know how some would view it, if I shared something so personal. As it turned out, a number of ladies wrote to me both publicly and privately, or spoke to me in person. Many deal with similar issues now, or have in the past.

I so appreciate the sisterhood of women. I'm so glad for friends and family to talk with about issues of all kinds.

This morning when I was getting dressed and looking at my makeup-less self in the mirror, I was thinking. Thinking about the the pre-surgery info. given to me by my doctor's office. If you've had surgery before or work in the medical field, you know the drill. -- The list sort of reads like a What Not to Wear. What not to wear on the day of surgery. No jewelry of any kind (including all of those hidden piercings I have.) Just kidding. :) No nail polish. No makeup. NO makeup?? Now how will I, "Mascara Girl" deal with this? LOL! That's my silly thought for the morning.

Here's the photo from Friday night. Take note that my dress was poofy. That is poofiness of the dress and not my body. Right......
Photos were taken at the event too. We had our photo taken with Lauryn. Maybe I'll be able to share those eventually too.

9 comments:

Laura said...

You both look beautiful!
I love your dress actually. You look quite thin in it if you ask me. :)

I don't scrapbook but, I kind of wish I did. I just don't have the patience for that stuff. I get frustrated so easily... yes, like a child. :P

I'd die without makeup! I was sitting here thinking.. oh my gosh! What is she going to DO??? LOL

((Hugs))
Laura

Jboo said...

Oh my - you two look so cute! What a fun event!

The "no makeup" rule is difficult! When I had heart surgery a few years ago, I took along all my makeup thinking that everyday I would jump out of bed and put some on before anyone came in -- ha ha ha! Putting on makeup was the last thing on my mind!

Hope your spring weather continues -- we're loving it in Nebraska too!

Janet

Kim said...

Oh, what a fun time! You both look great and I'm sure Jadyn will hold wonderful memories of this event.

I LOVE scrapbooking although I'm a bit behind right now. I really need to start Hannah's Lifebook. Can't believe I'm admitting that:-0

I'm with ya on the makeup and I'd probably be saying no visitors under any circumstances.

Enjoy this beautiful weather!

Reading Rosie said...

You both look beautiful!!!!

I have done some scrapbooking in the past, but not lately. I do love it and admire those who are faithful to keep their photos updated.

I hadn't read about your surgery, so I'm off to find out what's going on.

Will be praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

MOM!!!! so sexyyyyyy! :D

-kaitlyn

Lauryn said...

Great post! BTW, all the CTG photos are up on Facebook.

Here's the link. We're in photo #12.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

YES! I do scrapbooking and love it.I have been away from it for a while and thinking about starting to do books through shutterfly.

I am so glad that you shared your surgery and issues. But, most importantly got good support. We woman are have to lean on each other.

And, you and Miss. J, look spectacular.

Lea
xo

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Very pretty!

Nancy said...

You look fantastic Laura! How very fun!

It was nice to get to chat on Friday, and fun scrapbooking with you and Lauryn Saturday.

Nancy