Monday, May 19, 2008

Our Weekend

Hi friends! I'm so glad you're here today. It's a blessing to know you, whether I know you personally or you're one of my many online friends. I send each of you a hug!

I feel so amazingly blessed by God today. You know sometimes your heart can be more full than at other times? Today I feel very full of the love, joy and blessings of the Lord. I am so blessed, for so many reasons.

Our weekend was good. The best weekend is always one that includes time with our children and church family. We had lots of it this weekend. Yay!

On Friday night we had dinner at Cici's with 3 of our kids. Hooray for Cici's! It's our long-loved pizza buffet place. We used to eat there in Texas, and now we have one here, just one suburb over. Woo hoo! They opened in April, and we've already been there 4 times. :)

Alan and I spent most of Saturday at a church leaders meeting. Always good to be with our friends, but my back and backside almost didn't survive 6-7 hours in a chair. :) A few of you may know that I had a bit of an accident last Monday. I fell, at the bottom of an escalator at the mall. It was my own dumb fault. I took Jadyn's stroller on there and it got stuck at the bottom, at the threshold. I fell pretty hard on the metal stairs. I have learned a very painful lesson, and I will never do that again. Why do we sometimes think the rules don't apply to us? I hope that anyone reading this will take my advice and never get on an escalator with a stroller. I am thankful that I was not hurt worse and very thankful that I didn't hurt my child.

So it's been a week now and I'm slowly getting better. My horrendously bruised backside will survive. My church family has prayed for me and I know God will take care of anything that I can't see.

Yesterday we had lunch at our favorite Chinese buffet. It was Lauryn's choice, since we were celebrating her birthday. I heartily agreed with her choice! Our family always has a great time when we are together.

I have hardly posted any photos lately of the family. How very unlike me! I will post some within the next day or so. Please come back for a look. :)

*I still need one more participant for the Pay It Forward challenge posted below. I'd love to have you join us!

3 comments:

Denise C said...

What a fun filled weekend you had with your sweet family!
Blessings!
Denise

Tracy Peed said...

Likewise Laura- glad you had a great weekend with family and friends.

Take Care!

Tracy

OH MY #6 said...

And, I am oh so glad to have found your BLOG to read about your wonderful family!

Have a good day.

lea