Wednesday, April 20, 2011

For The Birds!

For the birds!  That's what this weather is.  I think winter just loves Minnesota a bit too much this year.  How can we miss winter if it won't Go Away??  Oh, that's right, we won't miss it at all.

I looked out this morning, and I saw 2 beautiful cardinals in the tree.  I do have to admit they looked beautiful in the snowy branches.  I wanted to snap a picture of them, but of course they were gone by the time I came back with my camera.  I did take quite a few other photos of birds.  I will share how lovely they looked on this April morning.

I do want to thank you for your kind words about my little accident last week.  I am feeling much better.  I can't wait to get my stitches out in a couple of days.  My finger is still sore and a bit swollen, but hopefully it will be back to normal very soon.  I still have a hideous bruise on my thigh, but my arm no longer looks hideous and that's a very good thing. Thanks for your concern and well wishes.

Now, enjoy the birds....








In order to see birds it is necessary to become part of the silence.

- Robert Lynd

10 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful pictures Laura!
I am so happy that you are on the mend. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Nancy said...

Beautiful photos Laura, so very nice.
Looking forward to seeing you Friday, even if just for a short while.

Nancy

Elaine said...

Love the pictures, but so sorry for the SNOW. Can't believe it really snowed in April! Guess that is MN! Here in TX we are having fires from the lack of rain, high winds and dry grass. :(

So glad you are feeling better from your accident!!!!

Sue said...

didn't you hear, we had summer for a couple days a couple of weeks ago. Then last week was fall and this week is Winter...
I am glad to hear that your finger is doing better.....
Beautiful pictures..

hollym. said...

Hi Laura, Your pics are beautiful!! Even if it's still snowing. We had a bit here in Michigan but it melted quickly. I just read about your accident. Makes me feel sick for you!:( I posted more in the post below.
Take care, hollym.:)

China Dreams said...

I am with you on this one. Took my daughter back to college and hit lightning, thunder, and hail. The sky was darker than it was at 7:00 tonight yet it was 9:30 in the morning. Crazy!

Ruby

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

nature is so beautiful! thanx for sharing my friend.

lea
xo

Michelle said...

SO beautiful! Happy Easter!

Kristy said...

Well Laura I know all of you are so tired of the cold weather but I have to tell you that those are some beautiful pictures!

Love, Kristy

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing God bless you loves from holland..